Ages 5-11 years
10am-2pm Mondays starting 10th January 2022
Price – £125
These sessions are held in a private woodland with the Foresteers at Greenhead House Farm, S35 0HN.
They are facilitated by Hayley, a qualified teacher and level 3 forest school practitioner, and Jess, a level 3 forest school practitioner.
The sessions are balanced to provide a chance for skill development, collaborative learning and individual reflection and wellbeing time.
1. Monday 10th January – Camp building
The group will take ownership over their site and learn how to put up tarps, create a fire and seating area, make dens and take ownership of their learning space.
2. Monday 17th January – Fire
The group will learn about materials needed to make a fire, how to prepare them and make a fire lay. We will prepare food to cook on the campfire and share stories and songs around the fire whilst keeping warm.
3. Monday 24th January – Tool Use
The group will be introduced to a range of tools and learn what they are used for and how to use them safely. Everyone will get chance to have a go and use them to make something to take home.
4. Monday 31st January – Nature Craft
During this sessions we will get creative with the resources in the environment. We can explore natural colour, texture and shape to create an art piece.
5. Monday 7th February – Peer mentoring and Celebration
For this final session children will discuss what skills they have gained that they would like to teach a small group of children at our preschool. The children will plan and resource their experience to carry out.
Every session has the opportunity to follow individual interests, to have some reflective time in the hammock, to be creative in the mud kitchen and to explore the woodland. Participants will be supported to build friendships, to become confident as an individual and to build resilience.
We are fully outdoors so all participants need to be dressed appropriately and to bring a bag, which they can carry, with a spare change of clothes and additional layer. They will also need to bring a packed lunch and drink except for session 2 where they will cook their own lunch.
Please read before booking
Terms and Conditions
- Booking is for a block of 5 sessions and payable as a lump sum, not weekly.
- Payment is through the website. If you require an invoice to pay with childcare vouchers please email and let Hayley know, this payment must be received within 7 days or the place will be offered to another child.
- Sessions are term time only and follow the Sheffield School Holidays.
- Cancellations by Foresteers As we are fully outdoors we intend to run these in all weathers except thunderstorms, high winds, and snowstorms. If we have to cancel a session for any health and safety reason that is out of our control, we will offer credit for the session.
- If you can not make a session, you need to let Hayley know, the session will not be refunded.
- If your child is sick, with sickness or diarrhea please keep them at home for 48 hours, this session will not be refunded.
- Once the booking has been made and payment received, this is a contractual agreement which must be followed by both parties.
- We follow in the moment planning, your child will be planned for and next steps followed up during the day. This form will be shared with parents/carers on the last session. Photos will be shared through a secure site called Tapestry, these will be uploaded everyday so you can see what your child’s day has been like.
- We support and encourage healthy eating, please ensure your child’s lunch is healthy. We are a nut free setting, if your child has dietary requirements please complete them on the form and feel free to speak to Hayley about them.
- GDPR – your data is stored on a locked computer
- Please look on our website for policies and procedures, they are the same for our preschool as the other groups we run.
The booking is not automated so please allow 48 hours for confirmation and additional information to be sent.